My Experience with COVID 19





Today is August 6th, 2023, and I’m hopefully on the tail end of COVID, and this is my experience. I went to the doctor on Monday, July 31st, because I felt horrible. I felt like warm death. I’m not sure how warm death feels, but I’m sure the way I felt is exactly how it feels. I was lying in bed and trying to work between clients. I’m a licensed counselor, and I said, “Gurl, take yo azz to the doctor.” I eventually canceled the rest of the day, drove myself to urgent care, and was told it was COVID; I thought it was just a cold, fever, or something simple. I told the NP, “I thought COVID was over.” I didn’t really think that, but I kinda sorta did. She said, no, it’s not over; I was given a prescription for PAXLOVID and began taking it that night; I took the prescription by the instructions in the pamphlet. 


The first night after beginning the medication, I had chills and coughing. I switched between hot and cold like a light switch. By the second day on the medication, the chills stopped. I believe the prescription is for five days, and I took the last dose this morning. On a scale of one to ten, how I feel healthy right now, I’d give myself an 8.9. 


When did I first feel anything? I was on vacation at a family reunion. I was in the room and told my daughter I had the chills. It was about a microsecond of chills, and in hindsight, I feel that’s where I began feeling bad. We drove, so I mustered the first four hours coming home, and my daughter brought us the rest of the way; I slept the entire trip home until we pulled into the yard slept. 


Before that, I had been quite careful, like meticulous, regarding COVID. When do I think I came in contact with it: I remember getting into my car after it had been serviced, and it smelled weird. I am one of the odd people that can smell a fever or sickness on others. I remember getting in the car and thinking, I should spray this car down, but we were leaving for vacation the following day, and I didn’t want to stop and take the extra time. I should have taken the extra time. 


What did I learn? The first day after returning home and when I began feeling bad, if my exposure is correct, I work from home and went NOWHERE, that was the only place I had gone outside of home over the past week, and no one else in the house had it. Approximately two days after exposure, I told my daughter I had a microsecond of the chills, which went away as quickly as it came. While on vacation, I didn’t feel bad; looking back, I didn’t feel 100%, maybe 80%, which I didn’t think anything of because I was excited about seeing family. The medication made things better. So much so that I got cocky; others told me that they lost their appetites, lost weight, and felt horrible the whole time; I had that before I began PAXLOVID, approximately two days after taking the medication, I was back at that 80%, and that’s “get shyt done” mode for me. I thought I was well enough to go for a walk, and at that moment, COVID said, “When you mention my name, use a handle, Mr, Ms, or They, I don’t care, just don’t act like I’m not present. And with that, I said, okay, Mr. Mam, COVID, and got my azz back in the bed. 


I’m winded walking up the stairs; my lips feel different. I think that’s from the medication, but I feel like I’m at 94% right now. 

 

My takeaway: Mr. Sir/Mam, COVID is still present; wear your masks in close quarters; I will be moving forward, and wash your hands often. 


Oh, I was vaccinated. I took two shots of Pfizer; I stopped taking it when they got to the fourth booster; I felt they were guessing at that point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness

Are you living in an alternate reality? - Functioning inside of Dysfunction